|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||15 mins|
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 4 cm piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 eggs
- 270g soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 200g king brown mushrooms, sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch bok choy, leaves separated
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- Black sesame seeds and sliced chilli, to serve
Place the chicken stock, 500ml water, ginger and soy sauce in a large saucepan over medium high heat; bring to a simmer. Add eggs for 3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and run under cold water. Remove the shell and set aside. Add the noodles to the stock and cook for 4 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add to the stock along with the bok choy; cook for a further minute.
Divide soup between serving bowls, top with carrot, green onion and coriander. Cut the eggs in half and add to the soup, sprinkle with sesame seeds and chilli before serving.