|Vitreous Enamel Bake Tray 39cm
- Whole (1.5 - 1.8kg) side of salmon (in one piece), skin off and pin-boned
- 4 - 5 lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved with a mandoline, fronds reserved
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup fresh continental parsley, roughly chopped with smaller leaved whole
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
Embrace the vibrant flavours of summer with this tantalising Salmon Side accompanied by a herb salad. Each forkful offers a symphony of tastes - the robust richness of the salmon complemented by the herbaceous freshness of the salad, creating a dish that embodies the essence of summer on a plate, perfect for al fresco gatherings.
Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Line a Wiltshire 39cm Vitreous Enamel Bake Tray with baking paper and place lemon slices in the rough shape of your side of salmon on the paper.
Combine the harissa paste with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Lay salmon on top of the lemon slices and brush the harissa oil all over the top of the salmon. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 35 - 45 minutes or until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 63°C at the thickest part.
While the salmon is cooking, combine shaved fennel, fronds, coriander, parsley, and mint in a bowl and add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and lemon zest and juice. Toss to combine then season with salt and pepper.
Once the salmon side has been removed from the oven, top with the fennel and herb salad and serve immediately.