|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Bake Time||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 150g (1 cup) plain wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 220g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 100g (1 cup) pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 4 medium (about 160g each) granny smith, golden delicious, gala or pink lady apples
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 125ml (½ cup) sunflower or light olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla essence or extract
Whipped Honey Butter:
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons floral honey
Moist, flavoursome and deeply satisfying, this Apple Bread is the essence of Autumn. Perfectly teamed with the Whipped Honey Butter, fresh ricotta and honey also make a wonderful topping.
BakeClub and Wiltshire would love to see your Apple Bread! Bake this recipe using your Wiltshire Bakeware and share a picture on:
Facebook by uploading a picture on your timeline and tagging @Bake Club and @Wiltshire
Instagram by tagging @bakeclub_australia and @WiltshireAU and using #bakeclubaustralia and #wiltshireau
Or simply email a picture to us and we will upload it on our social media pages.
- This Apple Bread will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, cut into slices and either wrap each slice separately in plastic wrap or separate the slices with freezer wrap. Seal in a plastic bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature or toast straight from the freezer.
- It is also delicious served toasted. If you wish to toast it, make it without the sliced apple on top as it tends to burn during toasting.
- We recommend using the Wiltshire Large Loaf Pan 24 x 13 x 6.5cm
Anneka Manning has created customised recipes for all of her favourite Wiltshire Bakeware pieces for you to bake and share. All recipes have been tested to guarantee success for you at home. You can find the range in Woolworths stores nationally and selected IGA stores.
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Brush a Wiltshire Large Loaf Pan (24cm x 13cm, top measurement) with a little extra oil to grease and line the base and two long sides with one piece of baking paper.
Sift together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice into a large bowl, returning any husks from the flour to the bowl. Stir in the sugar and pecans.
Core and then coarsely grate 3 of the apples. Squeeze out any excess liquid using your hands and then place in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, oil and vanilla and use a fork to whisk together until evenly combined. Add to the dry ingredients and use a large metal spoon or spatula to fold together until just combined.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Quarter, core and thinly slice the remaining apple and arrange on the top of the loaf (see Baker's Tips). Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
Meanwhile, to make the Whipped Honey Butter, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and honey until pale and creamy. Transfer to a serving dish, cover and set aside in a cool place.
Cut the apple bread into 2cm-thick slices and serve spread with the Whipped Honey Butter.